Sunday, March 14, 2010

When I Sleep and When I Rise..the things my ears hear

So lately, this is the songs I've added to the playlist for me to fall asleep and wake up with. You should check them out. And if you see any that I'm lacking, go ahead and share the knowledge. I mean come on, I'm helping you out.
  • Jon Foreman (ANYTHING the man writes, I fall in love with)
    • Your Love is Strong
    • House of God Forever
    • Cure For Pain
    • Love Isn't Made
    • Deep in Your Eyes
    • Again


    • Wild Sweet Orange ( You've probably never heard of them, but lemme tell you, they are a MUST. So get up, or don't cause iTunes and YouTube are on your computer, and look them up ya lazy...)
      • House of Regret
      • Ten Dead Dogs
      • Seeing Is Believing
      • Land of No Return
      • Tilt
      • You know what? Just listen to all their stuff...all of it. ALL. OF. IT.
    • Sufjan Stevens
      • Chicago
      • Casimir Pulaski Day
      • Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
      • Come Thou Fount (my favorite cover of one of my favorite hymns)
    • Andrew Bird ( This guy takes a whole new take on what it is to play the violin, it's ridiculous....ridiculously GREAT.)
      • Heretics
      • Effigy
      • Ismitosis
      • Anoanimal
    • Goo Goo Dolls (They are such a good band. And yes, they DO have more songs other than "Iris".)
      • Become
      • I'm Still Here
      • Slide
      • Black Balloon
      • Name
    • Regina Spektor (Probably my favorite female vocalist out there now. She's so unique. Listen to her and you'll know.)
      • On the Radio
      • Fidelity
      • Eet
      • The Call
    • Death Cab For Cutie (The sweet sweet vocals of Ben Gibbard...ohhhh baby)
      • Marching Bands of Manhattan
      • Crooked Teeth
      • Title and Registration
      • What Sarah Said
      • Soul Meets Body
      • Expo '86
    • Coldplay (If you don't love them, there's something wrong with you. And you need to be smacked on the head. Just sayin')
      • Fix You
      • Don't Panic
      • Green Eyes
      • Kingdom Come
      • Death and All His Friends
      • Swallowed in the Sea
    • Augustana (The kind of music that makes your heart feel all sappy and stuff and you can't help but sigh. The keys of the piano playing add to the bittersweet mixture. But no worries guys, you can listen to them too and it won't be weird.)
      • Lullaby
      • Empty Days
      • Hey Now
      • Twenty Years
      • I Still Ain't Over You
      • Boston
      • Stars and Boulevards
    • Switchfoot (These guys just keep getting better and better and better and better. Seriously, with every album they prove themselves a better band than their album before..There's so much depth behind their music, and thats what I love. did I mention I'm in love with Jon Foreman?)
      • Shadow Proves the Sunshine
      • The Blues
      • Always 
      • Yet
      • Needle in Haystack Life
      • Only Hope
    • Tray Bonner
      • He's not actually a recorded artist, he IS though, a good friend, but I LOVE his stuff. And I mean LOVE. I'm not really sure that he's fully aware of his talent, but um, he's kind of what one would call....oh I don't know...amazing? Is it weird that his stuff is on all of my playlists? Maybe.  BUT its not my fault its THAT good and I like it so much okay? Because it is. It's great. His voice to me kinda reminds me of a mix. I'm not sure what it consists of, but I believe that there's a bit of Ray LaMontagne's (look below) sound in there. You people might not ever get to hear it since its not available on iTunes or anything, which in all honesty, sucks for you because this kid is talent. Pure talent.
        • All Who Thirst
        • She's So Beautiful
        • This is Your Time
        • Spoken For (its a cover, but nevertheless, he still does a great job.)
    • Ray LaMontagne (I don't know what he looks like, but this guy has probably THE sexiest voice I've ever heard. Hoooooooly Crap. I seriously think I die a little bit everytime I hear that scratchy yet oh-so-smooth voice of his. I don't care WHAT the man sings about, just as long as he sings..)
      • Hold You In My Arms
      • Be Here Now
      • Empty
      • You Are (the Best Thing)
    • Ben Rector (This kid is like, twenty something, but I haven't heard a SINGLE one of his songs I didn't like. It's one of the best voices I've ever heard, his melodies are always beautiful, the lyrics are always well articulated and flow like poetry from Shakespeares pen. Seriously, my day isn't complete without Ben Rector.)
      • The Sophomore
      • Moving Backwards
      • Hank
      • I Thank God I Miss You
      • Bright Lights
      • Twenty Tomorrow
      • Untitled
      • When She Comes Around
      • Free Fallin' (his cover= GENIUS. Bravo Ben, Bravo. I think I like your verison more than the original....no yeah, I do.)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment