Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Proverbs of Pooh

As I'm about to head off for college, I sit here and I can't help but think.
I can't help but think of how different my life is going to be and how even though I've been alive for the past 18 years, in a way life is just now starting. Weird.
The truth is, I'm terrified. 
I'm terrified of going to college, especially away to college. It's like a concoction of excitement, terror, and bittersweet sorrow, all blended together to create my feelings now. 
I will say though, that even though I am extremely scared to venture off, I have to say that I have the full assurance that I'm not going into the unknown. 
Yes, it is unknown for me, but the truth is, Jesus has already gone out before me and prepared the way! I just have to follow. And even when it will seem like He's hidden from my sight when things get hard and cloudy, like the old hymnal sings, "I rest on His unchanging grace."
So yes I'm excited. And yes I'm absolutely terrified. Either way though, I know it's going to be an adventure.
And there's no way I'm passing up on that.


"A grand adventure is about to begin..."
-winnie the pooh


I couldn't have said it better myself, you old bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment