Sunday, July 3, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

You know what I love?? And you may think I'm absolutely out of my mind, buuut... I really love waking up early in the mornings- I'm talking like 3:30am and heading out the door by 4am. Am I out of my mind?? Yes, I think I am somewhat, seeing how I'm not quite THAT awake just yet. But I get in my car and I drive. There's never a premeditated destination, there's never a time limit, never even a sense of time itself. It's just me in my car with some music. Some mornings it's worship music, other's its the soothing vocals of Billie Holiday or the happy trumpet of Louis Armstrong falling into the silence of the empty highway and all other musicians your grandparents used to listen to or even the instrumentals of Explosions in the Sky. I just drive.
But thanks to recent rising gas prices, I don't have the luxury of just driving aimlessly so instead I find a place to go to and then sit in my car and I watch the sun rise. It's always amazing to me, as the sun breaks through the bleakness and dark sky. It just slowly pierces through and all of a sudden, the darkness is pulled back and the colors flood in. Blue, purple, orange, pink. They're not the shades that you can find in a Crayola crayon box but theyre new. Every single day the shades are new. And they're smeared across the sky. It's always fun to look at. I kind of think that God isn't super precise on it, I think He just gets creative. Kind of like when you're a kid and you play with fingerpaint. You don't ever have a certain picture in your mind, you just know that you're having fun dipping your fingers in the wet paint and let them do the creating. I feel like God's like that sometimes. Just kind of like "Let's see what I can do today..."
And I'm amazed by it. Seriously, I stare into the sky until a new shade appears and my excitement bubbles up.

This morning was especially wonderful.
I looked up into the sky and I was so taken aback, my breath left my body.
And I soaked in the warm air and the colors, I gave thanks to Him for the beauty He allowed me to see. I think He does stuff like that, little things like painting the sky because He knows how much joy it brings me. And then He said to me, in the smallest voice:

"Do you like it??"
"Yes Lord, its absolutely amazing."
and like an excited parent giving their child a really good gift, He replied,
"Good. I was hoping you would. I did it for you, you know..."

My heart was filled with absolutely filled with joy.
He did it for me. For my own enjoyment. The wholeeee sky, He made for me.


some songs I listen to...

The soothing jazz...


The heartwarming instrumentals...


The song of praise...

No comments:

Post a Comment